I decided against making resolutions this year, but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t put aside a little time to reflect on Catch-all and consider what the future of this blog should – or could – look like.
Because blogging is just a hobby for me, I’ve never been particularly strict about narrowing down my focus (it’s called Catch-all for a reason) and I know that going into 2018 my posts will continue to be just as varied. I do, however, plan to put my media studies degree to use and share more work that examines film, TV, pop culture, music, politics, identity, and representation. With more serious work will also come some fun (I think it’s about time to write about Vanderpump Rules) and I’m hoping to maintain that delicate balance between content that reflects both fierce critical engagement, and lighthearted entertainment.
Catch-all in 2017
Most popular posts this past year:
- Fun with Vinyl
- Resistance Reading List
- On America, Mobility, & Freedom in “Easy Rider”
- PHOTOS: Women’s March Los Angeles
- Riding the Pacific Surfliner
Most popular posts of all time:
- Why I Can’t Stand Facebook
- Who Says It Has to Be Modest? A Feminist Perspective on the Bikini by Lacey Bonham
- My Favorite Quotes from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s “We Should All Be Feminists”
- Tips on Marketing Your Short Film or Web Series
- Moments of Symmetry – “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
My favorite posts from 2017:
- Brown, Kiddo, & Tarantino — OR: Tarantino’s Leading Ladies: Jackie Brown, Beatrix Kiddo, & Women’s Empowerment On-screen
- 10 Film & TV Consumes for Halloween
- Final Thoughts Before the Return of “Twin Peaks”
- Freedom & Indulgence on the Las Vegas Strip
- Hollywood’s Global Domination
Looking to the future
In 2018 my two main goals for Catch-all are to post more often and to do so consistently! At the end of the day this is a space for me to share whatever I want, but after nearly five years of blogging it can be difficult sometimes to come up with ideas that are both interesting to write about, and worthwhile to read. If you can think of any topic in particular you think I’d like to research and write about – or something you’d be interested in reading – let me know in the comment section below. In 2018 I’m hoping to hear more often from readers, and also looking to make this a more engaging and interactive space.
Whoever you are and wherever you are, I hope you have a prosperous and happy 2018 and beyond. And as always, thank you for reading.